Residents of The Willows, Dunshaughlin will soon become familiar with the sight of hot air balloons passing overhead.
Irish Balloon Flights, based in Co Meath, are a regular feature of the Royal County’s skyline and post spectacular pics to their Facebook page.
Take a look at 12 of our favourites below.
1. A great local spot for rock climbing, but not for the faint of heart.
2. The local archeaology
4. Athboy, you’re looking well.
5. Meath has some amazing historic sites, like this ancient monastic abbey.
6. The River Boyne runs through the heart of Co Meath and is one of Ireland’s most famous salmon fishing rivers.
7. Kiltale has a population of just 300, but still has one of the most dominant hurling sides in Co Meath.
8. Kilmessan is famous for its castles, like the 800 year-old Dunsany noted for its beauty and romance, and Kileen Castle which hosted the prestigious Solheim Cup in 2011.
9. Dangan Castle is the birthplace of the Duke of Wellington, who infamously said of his home county: “Just because you are born in a stable does not make you a horse.” Lovely chap.
10. The green, green grass of home.
11. A popular location for quiet weddings in the countryside, this church in Dangan was built in 1911 and is a real gem, with beautiful mosaics and stained glass windows.
12. Founded in 1147, you might remember Bective Abbey from its appearance in the hit movie Braveheart, which was filmed in the area.